How to find and manage multiple sidehustles
Welcome to Gemma from HelpSaveMoney! We’ve been following each other’s journey on instagram for quite a while now, and she is one of my absolute go to accounts for sidehustling (and positive vibes!).
If you’re curious on my other blogposts about money, finance, sidehustle and investing – here you go!
Let’s talk sidehustles!
I’m Gemma, and I come from York. I’m a craft enthusiast who enjoys travelling around the world as a cat sitter. Additionally, I am a money blogger and Instagram creator for Help Save Money. My blog primarily focuses on various techniques for saving, making, and earning money through deals and side hustles.
I have a few side hustles that I focus on, with my top three being cat sitting, partnering with brands through Instagram, and conducting market research.
How to find and decide which sidehustles work for me
Google and Instagram are your best friends. I have found all my sidehustles through these two. Follow influencers who post about legit sidehustles in your country. My favourite Google search is ‘How to make money online in the UK’ and it always comes up with some ideas- just watch out for the MLMs and scams!
How to manage and avoid burn out from sidehustles
Managing multiple tasks and responsibilities can be challenging, especially when you’re new to it. It takes time to get the hang of it, especially when you have to balance work and personal life. However, with experience, I’ve created a routine that helps me manage everything effectively. Here are some useful tips that may help you:
- Get a diary and use your phone calendar. I write everything down in a diary and keep it open so I can tick off what I accomplish in a day. I also use my phone calendar so I can easily see things I need to do in the day.
- When I get important emails from market research and opportunities, I pin these to the top so I can see them.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself, if it’s not worth your time and low pay, just say no.
- Set up a good routine so it becomes the norm for you. My morning routine consists of entering competitions, doing some Instagram work, reading an inspirational book, doing blog work and looking through my apps to find any mystery shops for the day. This schedule helps me as I it’s my norm now and doesn’t require much effort.
Seeing the results
It’s important to remember that achieving success takes time and effort. I often receive messages from people asking for advice on starting side hustles and growing their audience on Instagram. As someone who has been using Instagram for almost two years now, I’ve learned a few things along the way.
- You are there for a purpose, people will only follow you and engage in your content if it provides them with something. So make use of this. Create posts and stories that help people, and share things that you would want to learn or read.
- Engage with other people. I try to comment and reply to every DM, as I want to be social and support other people in their journey.
- Don’t burn yourself out by doing too much, life is not just about making money or working 24/7. Enjoy life as much as you can.
- Make use of the people around you. Follow people on Instagram who inspire you and give you ideas.
- Find a side hustle that works around your own life. If you have a 9-5 job, mystery shopping is probably not for you. You will have the evenings free, so instead of watching Netflix every night, take two nights of the week to build up a side hustle. Make digital products to sell on Etsy or apply for user testing to test websites.
If you’re eager to dive deeper into the world of side hustles and learn proven techniques to maximise your earnings, don’t miss out on my exclusive collection of side hustle ebooks available in the shop on my website to get you started on your journey.
/Gemma from Helpsavemoney
Find Gemma’s Ebooks for Sale Here, and if you want to start a blog of your own, check out my Blog workbook here>>